MTR Investors Group goal is to provide the best Covered Call and Naked Put scanner on the web. Scan over 3,100 stocks and over 200,000 options in seconds to find the best possible trades!
Option writers use our option call and put screener to find covered calls / cash secured puts with a greater likelihood of expiring worthless. This way the option writer keeps the cash.
Long term investors appreciate using our scanner to monitor and write the best covered calls on their portfolios. Other investors use our option screener to buy stocks under the market price by finding and writing put options.
Covered Call / Put Screening Tool - Feature Summary
Our Covered Call / Put Search & Research Tool gives you the power to quickly search for profitable Covered Call / Put Options trades.
- Quickly screen for Covered Call and Naked Puts trades covering 2,700+ stocks and over 150,000 options!
- Save option picks in a watchlist
- Reduce risk by filtering by Probability of Assignment, Downside Protection and more!
- 20+ data elements that can be used for searching, filtering, and narrowing down criteria to find profitable trades.
- Monitor your stock portfolio and keep an eye on the best covered call options to write
- Many powerful features to limit results by Stock Price, P/E, Market Cap, and More
- Underlying Stock/ETF Technical Indicators
- Scan Weekly Options
- Export results to Excel for further analysis
- View stock charts of the underlying stock
- Quick links to your favorite news sites
- Our feature rich covered call and naked put scanner is only $15 a month!
- Keeping reading to see all the powerful features of our option scanner!
Typically options with a higher ROI and near term expiration present additional risk. Once a list of options is shown from the custom settings of your choice you can then take that selection and perform any additional research such as checking news, analyst ratings, technical, or fundamental research.
This search feature was designed for the serious option writer. With many powerful search features the Expert Search is tool that can be used to prospect for option profits. You do the searching, analyze the results, and make the call.
- Option Types: Search for Covered Calls or Naked Puts
- Expiration Date: Search one or all expiration dates
- Stock Symbols: Filter your search down to a group of stock symbols or leave this area blank and search over 1700 stocks!
- Probability of Assignment (POA): Low POA options can be good choices for selling puts for income where you do not want to take assignment.
- Moneyness: Search for covered calls, naked calls, or naked put trades by scanning a wide range of options from deep out of the money to deep in the money, or any range in between.
- Downside Protection (DSP): This feature is best applied to Naked Puts. Searching for Naked Puts (example) with 15% downside protection means that the underlying stock would have to fall 15% before reaching the risk of assignment or loss
- Return on Investment (ROI): When you search for Covered Call or Naked Put Trades you want to sell those options with the highest return on investment.
- Market Cap: Filter search criteria by Large, Mid, and Small cap stocks
- Sector: Filter by sectors such as Technology, Energy... S&P 500, NASDAQ 100 and more
- Stock Price: Select a range of stock prices. Example: If you only want to sell naked puts on stocks trading under $15 dollar use this feature.
- Profit/Earning Ratio (P/E): Great feature to limit option choices to stocks that are valued to fit your comfort level. If you are a covered call value investor look for stocks trading between 5 and 18 P/E ratio. If you want growth set the values higher. See the top of this documentation regarding risk and high ROI.
- Dividend Yield: Many covered call investors like to purchase stocks with big yields then sell covered calls on those stocks to make additional income. Search for ranges in Dividend Yield can assist you in finding those stocks
- Ex-Dividend Dates: Search for Option Trades on Stocks going Ex-Dividend.
- Options Watchlist: Click on the Plus Icon to add options to your personal watchlist.
- Stock Watchlist: Create up to 10 stock watchlists. This is a great feature to monitor a list of your favorite stocks for options trading. This feature is also wonderful to use for a portfolio of stocks that you write options on to earn income. Place all your stocks in a watchlist and find the best covered calls or naked puts to earn premium. Then simply add the options to the options watchlist
- Much More: The power of our results gird has so many other filtering criteria you will be amazed at the power you have with this tool. Keep reading!
Search Results Grid - Powerful Sorting & Filtering!
This section provides an overview of the powerful features included in our search results. The results grid contains everything you need to know about the option and the underlying stock/ETF.
- Add To Watchlist
- Days Until Expiration (DTE)
- Expiration Date
- Moneyness (how far in/out of the money
- Downside Protection (DSP)
- Probability of Assignment (POA)
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Stock Technicals: Trend and RSI
- Bid/Ask, ROI by Month and Year
- Volume, Open Interest, Implied Volatility
- P/E, Dividend, Yield, Earnings Dates (Ex-Date, Pay Date)
Sort / Filter on Any Column!
- Core Data Items: These are values on the left side of the grid. These remain fixed when scrolling left/right
- Technical Indicators: (Trend, RSI)
- More Is Better: Many More fields when scrolling the right side of the results set
Quick Filtering: Please look a the RSI Rating column below. If you want to filter to look for a Bullish RSI Rating type in the first two characters bu (as shown below) and the results will filter for bullish.
Advanced Filtering: Click on the icon next to the column you want to filter on. For numeric columns you can enter greater than, less than, and other values shown. For character columns you can filter for text that contains a value such as MLP in a stock name.
Feature by Feature Presentation
Stock News and Information - Links To Top Sites
- Sort on Any Column!
- Advanced Filter on Any Column! (equal to, not equal to...more!
Know Your Risk!
- Downside Protection (DSP)
- Probability of Assignment (POA
- Help you find the most likely profitable trades!
Technical Indicators of the underlying Stock/ETF
- Trend: Up, Down, Neutral
- Wilder's RSI and RSI Rating: (bull,bear,oversold,overbought)
Option Prices, ROI, and Activity
- Bid, Ask, Last
- ROI Per Month
- ROI Annualized
- Implied Volatility
- Open Interest
Stock Value (P/E) and Earnings Information
- Price Earnings Ratio (P/E)
- Dividend Yield
- Earnings Date
- Ex-Dividend Date
- Dividend Pay Date
Watchlists: Create Stock Watchlists & Search for Options Based Your Watchlists!
Create an unlimited number of watchlists. Examples: Top Holdings, Dogs of the Dow, Dividend Payers...
Limit Results by Probability of Assignment (POA)
Example: You own 100 shares of a stock and you want to sell a covered call, but you do not want the stock to get called away. Look for options that have a low POA to reduce the risk of the stock getting called away. On naked puts look for a low POA to reduce the probability of getting assigned the stock.
View Stock Charts
Express Covered Call / Naked Put Search
The express search is a good choice for investors looking for pre-defined search criteria and that do not want all the features of the Expert Search Feature List
- Pre-Defined Search Criteria: One click search for Covered Call and Naked Put trades that meet much of the criteria above.
- Expiration Dates: Search by all or one expiration date
- Add up to 100 options to your watchlist
- Export results to Excel
- Sort, Filter, Search
- View Charts
Join MTR Investors Group Today
We have a no questions asked cancelation policy. You can cancel at anytime, just send us an email. If you cancel within 15 days you will get a 100% refund. After 15 days we pro-rate the refund based on the number of days it was used.
JOIN MTR Investors Group Today
Disclaimer | Best Covered Call and Put Screener